Sunday, June 24, 2012

Life Lesson - 120623

I watched the movie Rudy with the guys tonight. This is a tradition the last night of our training. The bottom line: Being the best football player, boxer, wrestler, or judo player does not define success. Instead, making the most of what God has given you is what makes one successful.

I've seen this movie 5 or 6 times - I cried every time. And I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one watching it tonight that shed a tear.

I am very, very proud of each and every Sea Cadet that toiled through this training. It was grueling. It was challenging. It was an honor working with them. And it is my hope - indeed my prayer - that each and every young man that I worked with this week experiences success in life - real success - by making the most of his God-given talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment